8/365: Experimentation Time

You would think with all the things that happened today, I have a lot of subjects/topics for today's photo. The day has been extremely busy. My nanay (mom) and papa had to be dropped at the hospital for surgery; both cars were dropped at the shop for some repair and we have a major launch happening next week that we are finishing at launch. And yet it was already 11pm and I still haven't taken a photo for this day's project. It would have been interesting to photograph the polyps that were removed from my mom's uterus, but all we had were x-rays. I did take some photo's at Firestone, but it would have been a mobile photo of tires and um, tires; and while it would have been funny, I could have taken a photo of me and all the computers around me that I had to use for work.

So at 11:15pm, I had to take a break, go down to the basement and see what I can do with what I have. Not really much time to think and setup so I did what came first to my head - candlelight shots. Now, candlelight shots are not really easy to take. I had a black backdrop already setup and Z's 1st birthday candle handy. I put the camera on the tripod, composed the shot - turned off all the lights and took this.

First Try, too dark


The shot was too dark so I needed more light, I grabbed a flashlight and provided some light so the body of the candle will show better.

With additional light source


I was going to do some more shots but X came down to the basement and wondered what I was doing. She wanted to be in the shots so I played around with her just playing around and long exposure shots. She always finds the "ghost" pictures funny. Anyways, we got this one which I liked - this is not one of the "ghost" photos, but we call this "Twin X's".

Twin Xs from long exposure shot and painting with (flash)light


The last photo was taken at 11:40pm, then I had to go back to what I was doing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog