16/635: X in profile

I brought the camera out with me when we went to Costco today with the 105mm prime still attached to it. I forgot how good this lens really is and how spoiled we get by zoom lenses. You know what else I forgot? I forgot that Costco closes really early on weekends. I've been spoiled by all the late night hours during the holidays. So anyway, we get to Costco at 5:57, then we saw that it closes at 6pm. Luckily, the guy still let us in, and nanay still got all her shopping done.

While waiting (at the cafeteria area), I've been taking a photo of X. She loves getting her picture taken and poses every time she sees me raise the camera. Today though, I told her NOT to look at me while I take a picture. It's so funny because she's still smiling her "fake" portrait smile even though she's not looking at me. There was a bit of window there though that she lost all that and was just staring naturally into space. That's when the photo below is taken. I loved it.

X in profile


I wish there's a cheap(er) zoom lens that's this fast. Anyone know of a 24-200mm lens that has a fixed aperture?

Back at the house, it's catch up with the DVR day while mommy takes care of all the party details. X and Y were playing in the basement with me and showed me their "project". Hubby gave Y this block set for Christmas and the two built their neighborhood out of it. They also just happened to set it up in my little studio, so it was all ready to be photographed. Hee.

X and Ys Neighborhood

Comments

Popular posts from this blog