17/365: Crafting day

Day 2 of prepping for Y's birthday. Today, I tried to find the cake I wanted and had to drive a couple of towns over to find a Super Target that carries the cake I want. Finally sent the evite last night and today is the day to actually make the cards. As my first major Cricut project, I am making Y's invite. Took me almost all night to do it, and by the end, I feel like I overdid it. I normally do my cards digitally - even though it takes a while to finalize the concept and the design, once you're done - all that's left to do is print them out. With the hand-made cards, the act of mass producing the card is tedious! Kudos to my friends who are really good at it! Not sure I am going to do this a lot in the future, hee. Need to find a way to mix the best of both worlds - digital and crafts.

For my Project 365, I took a couple of photos of my crafting tools: my Cricut Expression and accessories, my Macbook Pro for all digital design and Sure Cut's a Lot (SCAL) software and paper.

Crafting Tools


I also took a couple of pictures of me working on this and of course, a picture of the work in progress.

Work in progress

Comments

Popular posts from this blog