13/365: Me and Cars

As much of a geek as I am when it comes to electronics and gadgets, when it comes to cars? I just want it to work. I hate having to remember to get it an oil change, or remembering to get it serviced and washed from time to time. Essentially, it not high on my list of things that get TLC. So, a long time ago - I've decided that *I*... am a lease person. I love fun cars, I love driving them - I just hate taking care of them.

Since then, I've had kids (3 since I got my current car), and obviously, this is no longer the case. My 2004 Audi A4's lease was up last year (2008) and at that time, I had the opportunity to trade it in, and get a family vehicle or lease a new one. Instead, because I didn't want to be bothered with all the End of Lease activities, I decided to just buy the car. After all, it was a 4 year car with barely any mileage. If you were a Facebook friend of mine, you most likely would have seen all my whinings when I had to get the brake pads and rotors replaced. This weekend, I had the brake lights changed. And this week, yet 2 more lights appeared on my dash.

Dashboard of my 2004 Audi A4 Cabriolet


The coolant warning though, just appears for a few seconds after I start the engine and then eventually goes away. If you google Audi and Coolant, you would actually see a lot of similar issues from other people. The light warning? Again, nothing is really wrong with my lights. 2 Christmases ago, I actually purchased the Equus 3100 Innova CanOBD2 Diagnostic Tool, an OBD Scan tool for things like this. I really just haven't found the "interest" to start tinkering with the car and it still sits unopened at home.

When will this end? I love my fun little sporty car even though I really need a mommy car now. I'm already having separation anxiety just thinking about trading it in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog