19/365: Smorgasbord

I've been trying to find bugs in the house to photograph lately and I just can't find one. Tonight, while I was in the basement with the girls, they screamed "Spider! Mommy!". So yeah, apparently, there are a couple of house spiders in the basement - but they're really too small, thin, and pale to take pictures of. But, beggars can't be choosers - so, I grabbed my gear, dropped a comforter on the floor and tried to get to it's level. The tripod was too high, so I have to do this hand held. There isn't a lot of light, so, with a macro lens and hand held, I had to up the ISO to make it manageable. This bug photography again is not simple, its not like, you can grab them and pose them your way so you can get a clear view of its eye. For the most part, they crawl away, and show me their ass.

I found another one in the ceiling, and that was too high up that again, the tripod is useless. Anyways, after a couple of tries, and a lot of discarded photos - I figured one of the rejects for today's photo.

Where are all the bugs?


I also played with the girls and the LED lights that my officemate, Paul, gave me. We had some fun with them and more light painting (simple hearts).

I ♥ Y!


After all the photos, we all went back in front of the TV to tend to our computers. I found it really cute, that I had to take a photo of it.

The family that plays together...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog