36/365: A walk along the wharf

Been in San Francisco for 3 days now and haven't really seen much outside of the hotel and the office. Taking a red eye back to Chicago and I had about 4 hours to spare before I have to head to the airport. Where do I go to kill 4 hours?! Why, the Wharf of course.

Pier 39


Hotel Palomar is near the corner of 4th street and Market so it was easy to hop on to the F-line for the ride down to the wharves. The street car was free, courtesy of a broken meter - where I talked to two "sea men", who are really more like "sea boys" handing out flyers for a "Ladies Night" back at their ship/frigate. They are Canadian Navy men and have been docked at Pier 27 for the week. I hopped off at Pier 39 planning to walk all the way to Ghirardelli Square and back. Took some photos, which was a challenge, because I didn't have a tripod with me, and also bought presents for the kids.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog