Chicago is under Winter Storm warning from last night thru tomorrow noon. As such, we woke up to about 4-6 inches of snow and it was steadily falling all day. To avoid the commute, I worked from home today and was hoping that I would then have the opportunity to get out at lunch to shoot some snow scenes. It always amazes me how much light is invisible to the eye. By the time I found time to stop working and get out of the house, it was dark and there was no more natural light available. I would have been stuck with raising my ISO again or doing flash photography. Fortunately, I do have access to a tripod which allowed me to do some long exposure shots. I put on my coat, boots, grabbed the camera and the tripod and walked around the house to see what I can salvage from what should have been a pretty snow day opportunity. This is the view from my backyard. I liked this just because it is so drastically different from what the eye can actually see when I took the shot. I be...
how long were you on hold? I couldn't get to a phone until 1:30 Eastern and I'm still on hold some 75 minutes later.
ReplyDeleteSteve... I actually called at 11:50am and got on around 11:55am and they made me call back. The next time, I started to get on at 12:00 noon and was on hold for 10 minutes (the wait time then was < 5 minutes). I called on my cell while I was waiting and the wait time then was already 20 minutes... so I can imagine the lines are flooded!
ReplyDeleteThis was an awesome deal though, and it beats getting to the store, lining up all night and running out of stock!
Goodluck on your quest!